The Development Manager will work alongside the Executive Director to manage all aspects of fundraising and external relationships of Harvest House. The Development Manager will work with the development team staff to ensure the vision of Harvest House and goals of the board are being met.
The Development Manager maintains and conveys the mission and vision of Harvest House. This person must be customer and relationship-centered, collaborative, an exceptional communicator, able to anticipate needs, clear obstacles, identify and take ownership of projects and participate in implementing organizational vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement fundraising tasks and goals for the organization.
- Ability to meet goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and staff to ensure successful able-to-hire, train and motivate, and mentor to staff.
- Lead development team in executing organizational development plan to meet marketing standards of non-profits.
- Work as a team player.
Collaborate with Executive Director and Marketing Committee (as appropriate) to ensure that strategic communications and marketing initiatives are consistently presented.
Respond to social media inquiries in a timely, courteous, and accurate manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience in Nonprofit Program Management, Fundraising, Event Management or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel), Canva, with an understanding of QuickBooks and Wix.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Organizational, time-management and problem solving-skills needed.
- Ability to lead and direct others (both staff and volunteers).
- Must have the ability to maintain excellent relationships with individuals of multi-generational and diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent customer service sensibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail, especially with regards to following and reporting on a budget
- Grant writing knowledge, experience preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS platforms
- Event planning capabilities a must, experience preferred.
- CFRE a plus.
- Anticipate wants and needs of both donors and Your Harvest House, finding mutually beneficial ways to accrue wealth for the organization in order to increase our mission.
Strategic thinker, initiative taker
Actively live according to Christian principles.
Generous PTO plan, and Paid Holidays.
Zion Health Share with Direct Primary Care Burleson, provided.