Case Manager & Program Specialist
As a critical member of the Client Services team, the Case manager & Program Specialist is a year- round position based in Meals on Wheels’ Administrative office and reports to the Client Services Director.
The Case Manager assesses the needs of clients, verify whether they qualify for meal service and provides on-going case management. Provides excellent telephone and online customer service for Meals on Wheels recipients, caregivers, referral partners, and others as they enroll clients for meal service. This is a full-time position.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES:
- Provide case management to client by way of identifying and addressing needs.
- Develop support systems to meet client needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services and maintaining relationships with organizations that address the needs of the elderly.
- Follow up on any concerns regarding clients as reported by volunteers, neighbors, family members, office staff, etc. and maintain records of communications and resolutions.
- Answer general questions about Meals on Wheels while communicating with caregivers and recipients.
- Assist with client intake and annual assessment services in a professional, caring, and compassionate manner to caregivers, Meals on Wheels recipients, referral partners, and others for MOW eligibility.
- Screen and address referrals
- Assess and re-assess clients to verify client eligibility for meal service
- Obtain accurate client demographic, financial, and insurance information
- Update client files per status changes.
- Follow up with clients regarding missed meals and/or late cancellations, not-at-home, and resolve issues when possible.
- Provides telephone information to potential clients on meals and other agency programs; makes referrals to other agencies as appropriate; completes application for service forms.
- Assists in projects as requested by staff such as mailings, labeling, etc.
- Participate in training and staff development, as related to the position.
- Recognize the inherent dignity of each client/participant served and preserve his/her right to confidentiality and respect.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Meals on Wheels North Central Texas Board of Trustees as implemented by the Executive Director.
- As needed, fill in as Logistics relief for home delivered meal service: driving and delivering meals, packing side food items, washing fleet vehicle, and receiving/storing weekly food deliveries. Approximate time estimate: 15-20%
- Participate on assigned team of facility cleaning.
- And other duties when needs arise.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social work; experience may substitute for college degree.
- Two-to-three years’ experience in the area of case management, preferably in an elder care or social services setting.
- Experience working with seniors and/or people with disabilities preferred.
- Proven passion to uphold and support the mission of Meals on Wheels.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and hard working with record of completing assignments.
- Ability to work well both independently and in conjunction with others.
- Professional yet approachable in dress and demeanor.
- Coachable and open to ongoing professional development.
- Clear communicator in written and spoken word.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prior experience and/or willingness to learn necessary software including MOW Scheduler.
- Comfortable working with and addressing culturally and ethnically diverse staff, volunteers, senior adults and community groups.
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE DEMANDS
This position is generally set in a comfortable office environment, however, it may occasionally require outside of office work. It requires seeing, hearing, sitting and walking on a daily basis. It may require bending and lifting 25 pounds on an infrequent basis. Donor/client/volunteer field work may occur during or after business hours and it requires talking, writing, driving in inclement weather, walking on uneven surfaces and standing for upwards of 30 minutes straight, depending on the situation.
ABOUT MEALS ON WHEELS NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS
Meals on Wheels North Central Texas is a community-based organization focused on helping homebound elderly and disabled persons remain independent and healthy in their homes by providing nourishing meals, a friendly visit, and a safety check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Customer Service